When a synchronous IPC event or Call Sub process event in K2 Designer for SharePoint starts a child/sub process which does not contain any client events and a user opens the new Silverlight view flow for the parent process instance, the following will occur for the specific actions:
1. When opening the events for the activity which contains the IPC event, the Sub process status will remain in a loading status.
2. When opening the activity summary of the activity containing the IPC event, the Call Sub process link remains disabled.
|Note: The circumstances described in this article are one scenario under which this issue may, or is known to occur. The description is intended to be specific to the scenario described and does not take into account all possible scenarios or circumstances.|
To reproduce this error:
- Build a process with only a Server Event in either K2 Designer for SharePoint, K2 Studio or K2 for Visual Studio.
- Build another process which has an IPC event set to start synchronously and call the first process created.
- Start an instance of the process.
- Open the new Silverlight view flow of the second process and browse to the 'Call Sub Process' activity
- Click on the link at the bottom of the screen.
This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 Update. Install the update package to resolve the error.