This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
In K2, a SharePoint Group Provider can be created for each site collection. This allows users within SharePoint groups to be used for rights management on the K2 Server and K2 processes, as well as for assigning user tasks.
Once a SharePoint Group Provider label has been created for the site collection it should never be changed or removed. When the label is changed or removed any existing running K2 Process Instances will break - as there will be dependencies on the label such as Destination Rules which are dependent on the label to resolve users.
Security Provider labels should always be unique – unique per provider, unique per SharePoint site. If a SharePoint Group Provider has not been created, meaning that K2 by default is using Active Directory or another configured security provider and there are existing running K2 Process Instances, a SharePoint Group Provider label – with the same name as an existing Security label, should not be specified to avoid breaking the running instances.
It is recommended that the SharePoint Group Provider label is specified during the SharePoint Configuration of a K2 installation or when a new site collection is created and the K2 Features are activated for the new site collection.
To register a SharePoint Group Provider label from a SharePoint site follow the steps below:
- Browse to the SharePoint Site.
- Select the Site Actions menu and click on K2 site Settings.
- Select the K2 for SharePoint Configuration link under the General section
- Scroll down to the SharePoint Group Provider settings section and type in the name of the SharePoint Group Provider label.
- Click OK
To register a SharePoint Group Provider label during the installation of K2 follow the steps below:
- Install K2 by completing the K2 Setup Manager. On completion of the wizard the K2 for SharePoint Configuration wizard will open. This wizard can also be opened from the icon on the desktop.
- On the Activate All K2 site Features page scroll down to the SharePoint Group Provider settings section and type in the name of the SharePoint Group Provider label.
- By default, the ‘Activate all K2 site Features’ option will have the option to add a SharePoint group provider enabled (checked).
- The default label name for the SharePoint group provider will be the same as the Site Collection name.
- The label name of the SharePoint group provider should not be same as the NetBIOS (shortname) for an Active Directory domain, as it will interfere with the URM Server when it tries to resolve AD Groups.