Various changes have been made to the K2 Documentation that will reflect in the K2 4.6 release. These changes are detailed below to ensure that you are able to find the information you are looking for:
- The documentation has been split out into three guides namely:
- K2 blackpearl Getting Started Guide
- K2 blackpearl Documentation
- K2 Developer Reference Guide
- Removed documentation from the K2 4.6 Installer. This means that the documentation no longer installs with the product. A separate K2 Documentation installer has been created allowing users to install the CHM version of the product documentation locally on machines as required. This new installer is available in the downloads section on the Customer Portal with the main K2 4.6 installer. Alternatively, the documentation is available online at http://help.k2.com/en/K2blackpearlUserGuide.aspx and http://help.k2.com/en/k2blackpointhelp.aspx; Or from the Customer Portal in various formats, http://portal.k2.com/downloads/bp/Default.aspx and http://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2blackpoint/Default.aspx. Refer to point 5 below regarding the I button settings.
- The K2 4.6 Setup Manager will remove previous K2 documentation on systems that are upgrading to K2 4.6. If the K2 Documentation Setup Manager is run the local K2 4.6 Documentation will remain installed but will not be updated in future releases by the main installer. To update the documentation it will be necessary to run the new releases K2 Documentation installer.
- To remove the installed documentation run the K2 Documentation Setup Manager from the start>Programs>K2 blackpearl>Documentation>K2 blackpearl/blackpoint Documentation Setup Manager.
- The help icon in K2 Studio and K2 Designer for Visual Studio will by default open the K2 online help provided the machine has internet access. When the K2 Documentation is installed using the K2 Documentation Setup Manager the help icon will open the local CHM topic. For customers that host the K2 Documentation on an internal site the I button base URL can be changed to open topics from this site by following the steps below: