This Knowledge Base article describes how to display K2 smartforms as a web page in Microsoft Outlook.
When being rendered by Internet Explorer, smartforms requires at least the Internet Explorer 9 engine; where by default, Outlook uses the Internet Explorer 7 engine. Registry modifications are required to make Outlook use a compatible rendering engine.
The following extract of a “.reg” file, when merged into the registry, will cause Outlook to use an Internet Explorer engine that is compatible with smartforms.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
; 9000: IE9 mode, quirks detection.
; 9999: IE9 standards mode (forced).
Note: These changes apply to a single user (HKEY_CURRENT_USER). To apply these changes throughout an organization place them in a Group Policy.
The steps below can be followed when creating a smartforms web page folder in Microsoft Outlook 2010:
- Create a new folder in the e-mail account.
- Right click on the new folder and choose “Properties”.
- Select the “Home Page” tab.
- Type in the address for the page you wish to display in the folder. When typing the address ensure that the fully qualified name of the server is used. For example http://forms.denallix.com is correct, where http://dlx is incorrect.
- Click the “Offline Web Page Settings...” button. Disable the “Make this page available offline” check box. A smartform page cannot be run when the server is not present.
- Microsoft Outlook will now be able to display K2 smartforms as a web page.