When running multiple process instances the K2 Worklist can increase in size and slow down performance upon opening either the K2 Workspace>Worklist or Process Portal>K2 Worklist. To improve performance the loading of data fields and XML fields on worklist items are now configurable. Another configuration setting has been added to K2 Worklist. This is related to either loading or not loading the K2 Worklist itself. This setting will be useful for customers not making use of the K2 Workspace>K2 Worklist and will enhance performance when opening K2 Workspace.
- Create a process with Client Events containing destination users from any of the K2 Designers.
- Make use of many large data- and/or XML fields on activities within the process.
- Start multiple instances of the process.
- Open either K2 Workspace>K2 Worklist or Process Portal>K2 Worklist.
- Note that it takes longer than expected to open K2 Worklist in Process Portals due to the amount of worklist items that exist.
||Note: The error scenario is based on high volumes of data fields and XML fields used within a K2 process as well as high volumes of running process instances of the specific K2 process. These high volumes of data can cause slow performance upon opening K2 Workspace for example.
- This hotfix is contained in the latest hotfix update package.
- The decision can now be made to either load the data fields and XML fields related to worklist items or not to load these fields when opening the worklist. By default this setting does not exist and the default behavior will be to not load the fields. To be able to load the fields, the following settings can be added in the web.config file of the site the worklist is loaded from. This can either be the K2 Workspace site or the SharePoint site where the Process Portal resides.
This setting must be added to the <Appsettings> node.
To enable the loading of data fields and XML fields:
<add key="LoadWorkListData" value="true" />
To disable the loading of data fields and XML fields:
<add key="LoadWorkListData" value="false" />
- To disable or enable the worklist from loading the following setting must be added to the <Appsettings> node of the web.config file for the related web site.
To enable the loading of the K2 Worklist
<add key="LoadWorkList" value="true" />
To disable the loading of the K2 Worklist
<add key="LoadWorkList" value="false" />
||Note: This setting must only be used if the decision was made not to load the K2 Worklist at all. If this setting is set to false, no user will be able to see their worklist items pertaining to any running process instances.