When deploying a SmartObject from K2 Studio the project name is used as the category the SmartObject is deployed to. The SmartObject can however be moved to another category in smartforms using the K2 Designer. When a SmartObject has been moved from one category to another and then redeployed from K2 Studio, the SmartObject exists in both categories instead of only the new category it’s been moved to.
- From K2 Studio, create a new SmartObject with properties and deploy the SmartObject.
- The Project name is now the current category for this SmartObject.
- Navigate to the K2 Designer in smartforms.
- Move the SmartObject created in K2 Studio to a different category by right clicking and selecting 'Move To'.
- Once the SmartObject is in a new category go back to K2 Studio.
- From the context browser navigate to the SmartObject Server and find the new category where the SmartObject has been moved to. This will show that the SmartObject has been moved to the new category.
- Deploy the SmartObject from its original project.
- Navigate to the old category that the SmartObject has been moved from.
- Note that the SmartObject now exists in both categories instead of just the category it’s been moved to.
- This Hotfix is contained within the latest K2 4.6 Update. Install the update package to resolve the duplication of new SmartObjects in categories.
- For SmartObjects that exist in both categories prior to the upgrade, each SmartObject needs to be removed from the old category manually.
- To remove SmartObjects from a category follow these steps:
- Open the K2 Designer in smartforms
- Navigate to the old category where the SmartObject has been moved from
- Expand the category and select the SmartObject
- Right - click on the SmartObject and select delete, or simply select delete on the canvas after selecting the SmartObject