This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
An Event Escalation can be set up on a SharePoint Workflow Integration Client Event to send an escalation E-mail to the Destination Users who have not yet actioned their tasks. This can be achieved by adding an extra node to the ConfigurationManager.config file. This Knowledge Base article describes how to set up the Event Escalation.
Follow the steps below to enable Event Escalations for the SharePoint Workflow Integration Client Event:
- Open the following file on the machine that has K2 Studio or K2 for Visual Studio installed:
- Search for “wizard text="SharePoint Workflow Integration Client"
Insert the following node under the Event Actions and Outcome Property Wizard node:
<add name="Event Escalations" />
- Open the project where the Event Escalation should be specified.
- Double click the icon of the SharePoint Workflow Integration Client Event where the escalation should execute.
- Click on the Escalations icon to configure the escalation.
- Click Add to add the escalation.
- Configure the Escalation wizard steps as required until the Action Template screen. Select the E-mail template on the Action Template screen. Click Next.
- Click on the ellipsis next to the To field. Open the Workflow Context Browser, expand the Activity Destination Instance node, select Email and click Add.
- Finish the Escalation wizard.
- Click on the Destination Rule icon of the SharePoint Workflow Integration Client Event.
- Click Back on the Destination Rule wizard and ensure that the Run this wizard in Advanced Mode is selected. Click Next.
- Select the Plan per destination – All at once option. Click Next.
- Select the Create a slot for each destination and Resolve all roles and groups to users options. Click Next.
- Select the Group or Role for the Destination Set and click Finish.
- Save and deploy the process.
- Start an instance of the process and complete the action of one or more destination users.
- Note how an escalation E-mail is sent to the destination users who haven’t actioned their tasks upon expiry of the Escalation Rule configured in step 7.