When integrating a K2 process with SharePoint, XML process fields are created for use in a K2 process. These process fields include, for example, the SharePoint List or Library URL properties. After renaming a SharePoint List or Library name where K2 integration exists on this SharePoint List or Library, some properties for these process fields contain incorrect data regarding the SharePoint List or Library name. The property called ListURL, in the K2 process field called WFIProcessFieldListURL, is populated with the SharePoint List/Library Display Name instead of the Internal Name created by SharePoint. The specific SharePoint List or Document Library cannot be referenced correctly using this process field in a K2 process.
- Create a new Document Library in SharePoint and name the Library Document Library.
- Create a new K2 SharePoint Workflow Integrated process using K2 Designer for Visual Studio or K2 Studio.
- Add a SharePoint Workflow Integration Client Event.
- Send a Custom Notification to the Client Event.
- From the Context Browser>Process/Activity Data, select Show Hidden Fields from the dropdown.
- Drag the ListURL property from the WFIProcessField to the e-mail notification. See image below.
- Finish the wizard.
- Deploy the process and add a document to the SharePoint Library to start an instance of the K2 process.
- Open the notification e-mail sent to the destination user and note the value for the ListURL property. See image below.
- Change the name of the Document Library to New Document Library.
- Add another document to start a new K2 process instance.
- Open the notification e-mail sent to the destination user and note the value for the ListURL property is based on the SharePoint Library Display Name and not the SharePoint Library Internal Name.
- The correct SharePoint Library can therefore not be referenced.
This Hotfix is contained within the K2 4.6.3 Update. Install the update package to resolve the issue.
The ListURL element will now correctly reference the SharePoint List/Library Internal Name and not the Display Name.
- The Hotfix will only be applied to newly started K2 process instances.
- Existing running process instances will still reflect the SharePoint List/Library Display Name and not the Internal Name.
- Only newly started process instances will reflect the ListURL property correctly as the SharePoint Internal Name.