KB001389 is a list of high priority issues for K2 blackpearl 4.5 and K2 blackpoint 4.5 that have now been resolved.
- Database enhancements have been made on the K2 Server and K2 Server Log databases to increase performance of large volumes of Process Instances and Asynchronous, mainly Escalations, work-loads.
- The Categories Data Access Layer does not close the SQL connections it has opened, resulting in a "Root Element Missing" error.
- When scheduled tasks are setup they fail to fire at the configured time unless the K2 Server service is restarted.
K2 Designers and Wizards
- When an InfoPath form template contains a Data Connection for a custom web service that is deployed to a SharePoint site and the form template is published to a form library in the same site, opening the form library in the K2 Designer for SharePoint results in the following error messages: Error: The solution has not been opened. The following error occurred opening: The URL is not a valid format. Parameter name: url Source: SourceCode.WebDesigner.Web.
- Unable to update the Document Library metadata where a DateTime column exists which is updated with a Blank value. An error message in the K2 Workspace Error Profiles occurs stating ’Server was unable to process request. -> Invalid date/time value A date/time field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.’
- Unable to use the SharePoint List Item Event, update action, to clear the value of a column. Using the metadata control to update the value of a column to “” (blank) resulted in the wizard ignoring the blank input controls.
- In K2 Studio, when creating a new "campaign" entity using the CRM Event wizard, the wizard can be completed without providing the required field "Status Reason". The field itself is missing from the wizard and is created with a default standard value.
- When using the “Add Folder” Event in K2 Designer for SharePoint to add a new folder to a Document Library, the Document Library to select is not visible.
- The Public Constructor within a public class does not appear in the Code Reference Event in K2 Studio. An error stating "
[ERROR]-(PLEASE SELECT A VALID CONSTRUCTOR)" is displayed.
- The CRM Entity Service does not have a timeout value which is configurable and results in a timeout on a large CRM implementation.
- When dropping the AD group field part into the user/group K2 text box field on the User Management Event, the part is resolved to a concatenation string of users at runtime. For example, if the group contains users K2\John, K2\Paul and K2\Finance then the resolved group string will look as follows:
This will cause the following error at runtime: "The User/Group does not appear to be discoverable."
- Unable to remove a SharePoint Events Integration process that is integrated with a list or library via the K2 site Settings > Events Integration Management menu.
- When creating a K2 Designer for SharePoint process for a Document Library that contains a folder, the process will reference the document from within the folder and will make use of SharePoint metadata and will fail on runtime with the following error "
Message: Error 10702 An error occurred in the SharePointMetaDataService service instance. Server was unable to process request. ---> Get Meta Data failed- Specified file does not exist."
- When a method is called in the Code Reference Event that has a RETURN type other than type VOID, and it is not mapped to a DataField or XmlField, it will try to map the function’s return value to something that is not there and will be unsuccessful.
- When using the Word Documents Event for a document conversion, if the output document library is in a different site than the input document library then the following error occurs when the process is run: "Server was unable to process request. ---> Value does not fall within the expected range."When using the Word Document content control wizard and specifying a local file, the ’File Name’ value does not get saved and the workflow throws an error at runtime.
- In the Object Browser> Inline function> Function Browser>Lists>Index Item all the items are returned when specifying that only a single item should be returned.
- In the K2 Designer for SharePoint when opening the context menu for an activity that is at the end of the canvas the menu opens off screen and cannot be accessed.
- An "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error is displayed when trying to open a Kprx file in K2 Designer for Visual Studio in Visual Studio 2010 after upgrading from K2 4.5 with KB001230 to K2 4.5 with KB001350.
SharePoint Integration and InfoPath Integration
- When an InfoPath form is designed to query a SharePoint list using a data connection inside a K2 process, an error stating "There has been an error while loading the form" is displayed.
- The following error is received when building InfoPath integrated processes in certain environments.
at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.FormTemplate.DataSource.SampleDataFile.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
- The SharePoint user group resolution fails when K2 is configured to use client certificates for authentication to SharePoint and the CommonName and UserPrincipalName values are switched around in client certificate.
- The Date/Time Column in SharePoint Form/Document Library changes automatically after upgrading form K2 4.5 Update KB001320 to Update KB001350.
- When activating Process Approval for the K2 Designer for SharePoint via K2 Site Settings for a particular site collection an error stating "This page contains one or more errors. Fix the following before continuing: K2 server administration rights is required for user 'DOMAIN\user'." occurs. The following changes have been made to resolve this issue.
a) All controls are disabled if the user does not have K2 Admin rights. This will mean that only a K2 Admin can change Process Approval.
b) Not executing or validating Process Approval at Site collection level when a user is not a K2 Admin, the user might still want to change Process Participants or Designers.
c) A red validation error message will be displayed if the user is not a K2 Admin regardless of the approval status, this informs the user of the rights needed to enable the controls, the user will however still be able to click ok and apply other settings.
- Feature Request: Enforce the same level of permission to turn off Process Approval as to turn it on meaning K2 Admin, Local Admin, Deploy Admin is required.
- SmartObject Management Section Label resource not found when activating K2 settings to non-English sites resulting in corrupt labels.
- An error is received when updating the document metadata using a SmartObject. Error message: 'Server was unable to process request. ---> Value does not fall within the expected range. InnerException Message:"
- A SSRS report which runs for a long time causes the out-of-the-box K2 SSRS SmartObject to throw a timeout error. The timeout of the SmartObject/ServiceObject should be configurable.
- Creating a Shared DataSource for SQL Reporting service cannot be done using the connection properties wizard resulting in the following error:"Value cannot be null.Parameter name: server"
- When upgrading to K2 4.5 from a K2 0807 installation that has processes containing client events assigned to a Role or Group and a worklist item is redirected; when the worklist item is opened by the redirected user an error occurs stating ""Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ’Approved’".
- The SQL service broker takes a long time to refresh on a large SQL Database.
- The following error occurs on the creation of the Salesforce SmartObject when duplicate properties exist:
"SmartObject: 'Account' contains a Property with the same name 'Account Type'".
- An error message is generated when adding a SQL data connection to a website where the SQL data connection is configured
to retrieve information from a K2 SmartObject with a query where a column source is set to none. Column=?
K2 Installation and configuration
- An "Access Denied" error occurs when enabling Process Approval from the K2 Designer for SharePoint Configuration page in the relevant site collection’s K2 Settings page.
- Issues are experienced when updating the Admin Hidden list (GeneralSettingsV2) with a new connection string for the K2 Designer for SharePoint and then activating to push the new connection string to the target site's internal list. The activation page does not load the connection string from the admin list but rather the current site's internal list and so activation might fail if the Database was renamed. During a reconfigure the Databases can be renamed, the installer does not re-launch the SharePoint configuration wizard to update the K2 Designer for SharePoint's connection string. This results in issues when trying to use viewflow from a SharePoint K2 webpart or an error when trying to activate all K2 Features for a particular site.
- The K2 Designer for SharePoint master page is not present after reconfiguring K2 for SharePoint on a MOSS 2007 content database migration in SharePoint 2010 to convert the MOSS site collection into a SharePoint 2010 farm. An error occurs stating "File Not Found error."
- The error "An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your systems administrator for more information" displays when duplicate entries are found by IIS in the SharePoint web.config file and the K2 web.config file.
- After updating from K2 4.5 Update KB001320 to Update KB001370 an error is received when the K2 Host Server is started either in console mode or on service.msc
* 64007 Could not find stored procedure 'Identity.LoadCacheConfiguration'
* 2001 Error Starting Host Server: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
- Object reference error occurs when calling WorklistItem.Actions["Update"].Execute()
- Update required to the Salesforce documentation concerning the requirement for framework 2.0 sdk to be installed. When using Broker Management the user is unable to use the Salesforce Instance Generator feature on 64 bit machines without this prerequisite.
- Limitation added to the Salesforce section of the K2 documentation regarding the use of special characters in the directory where the WSDL file is located.
- Documentation updated around the return properties of the SmartObject Method wizard for SQL Server Service SmartObjects where database columns are designed as an identity column and autonumbers on a table require that the column must contain an accompanying SQL Key.