The following issues are known to occur when using K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.0):
2. Errors occur when a culture’s date time format contains an apostrophe
1. Date/Time and Decimal Formatting. If a control’s formatting is set to use the user’s culture settings from the browser, and the K2 smartforms runtime site in IIS is set to use a different culture than what is set on the user’s browser, the browser’s settings are ignored and the IIS site’s culture settings are used instead.
A secondary issue can occur because the List View uses the web.config setting ‘SmartObject.ExecutionCulture’ to convert a control’s value to the invariant culture. If the parsing mechanism cannot find a match between the string and the IIS settings*, the values may not be displayed correctly when reloaded after saving. However, the value that is saved should be correct.
* based on the way the .NET Framework converts specific cultures to invariant cultures.
. After upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.2 and attempting to run existing Views where the regional settings long date format contains an apostrophe (such as ‘p.’ and ‘r.’, for example d MMMM yyyy ‘r.’), the View fails to load in the browser at runtime.
The error message is as follows:3. An error stating ‘Specified argument was out of the range of valid values
. Parameter name: utcDate’ occurs at runtime.
When upgrading from K2 smartforms 1.0.1 to K2 smartforms 1.0.2, an error will occur at runtime on Forms where the time zone difference is greater than the deployment and upgrade period. For example, in UTC +2 time zones if you deploy a Form and then upgrade to K2 smartforms 1.0.2 within a 2 hour period, the Form will display the below error message. If the Form is run after the 2 hour timeframe has expired, no error will occur.
The error message is as follows:
4. The Changed
event for a Drop Down List control will fire incorrectly on form initialize if the Allow Empty Selection
property is set to true
. This can cause problems if this event is used to fire actions that require a value. For example, if a SmartObject load method is used on another control or view, and it requires an ID value from the Drop Down List, the method will fail as a result of the Drop Down List having an empty value.
5.At runtime rows are not added to an Editable List in Internet Explorer 8 if the drop down list is changed. • At runtime Forms with multiple Views are not rendering correctly in Internet Explorer 8 resulting in Views displaying over each other.
6. In a List View or Editable List View when certain reserved words in the middle of a sentence are preceded and followed by a space, the text renders incorrectly. For example words such as; "month", "day", "year", “required” or “disabled”.
7. If a column is hidden on a List View and at Runtime the column is set to visible by using the show control action an error message is displayed.
Contact K2 support for a hotfix that resolves the above issues.
||Important: K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) is available from the K2 Partner and Customer Portal. However, if K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.0) has already been installed on your environment, the hotfix available from Support must be applied. K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.0) is not upgradable to the new K2 smartforms 1.0.2 (4.12165.1575.1) version.