This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
An error occurs when upgrading a K2 environment that has multiple databases (legacy) to K2 smartforms 1.0.5. The error is shown during the upgrade as a red exclamation mark on the K2 Server or if the K2 Designer is opened after the upgrade a server error of ‘SettingItemsMethod’ is shown.
This issue is known to occur under the following conditions:
- Environments that still have the multiple K2 databases (legacy), or
- Environments where the server name had previously been changed
Cause of the error:
- Host Server Compatibility level is set at SQL Server 2005 and the K2 smartforms 1.0.5 Setup Manager does not change or check the level prior to the installation process.
Shown below is an example of the error message which can be expected.
Workaround Option 1
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object Parameters, Boolean NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteSessionCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object Parameters, Boolean NullList)
at SourceCode.Forms.Management.FormsManager.DoSessionCall(String method, Object parameters)
at SourceCode.Forms.Management.FormsManager.GetControlTypesInternal() at SourceCode.Forms.Management.FormsManager.GetControlTypes()
at SourceCode.Forms.Controls.Web.SDK.Utilities.ControlsAjaxModule.Initialize() at SourceCode.Forms.Controls.Web.SDK.Utilities.ControlsAjaxModule.context_PostAuthorizeRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
- Change the database compatibility level by
Reconfigure K2 smartforms.
- Right - clicking on the Host Server database and selecting Properties,
- Select Options and change the compatibility to a setting above SQL 2008.
- Prior to upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.5 change the SQL compatibility level of the Host Server database from SQL 2005 to a setting above SQL 2008.
- Upgrade your K2 environment.