When configuring the servers for DateTime cultures in K2 smartforms, it is important to ensure that all servers are using the same timezone and culture settings. This will prevent issues with datetime values.
The configuration settings for the following servers need to be in sync to ensure no datetime issues are experienced. The configuration should be modified for the server service account user that is running each server application.
- K2 HostServer Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Internet Information Services hosting SmartForms / SharePoint servers
The values used in the configuration settings mentioned below should be the same for all servers used for K2 smartforms.
The United States culture is used as an example in the configuration settings below.
SmartObject Execution Culture
- Update the execution culture of both web.config files in the K2 Designer and Runtime sites. The file locations are as follows:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 smartforms Designer
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 SmartForms Runtime
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > Control Panel > Date and Time
- Change the time zone to match the culture you are using
Perform an IISRESET and restart the K2 Host Server once changes have been made.