This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The following issues are currently known for the K2 smartforms 1.0.1 (4.12165.1565.0) and include workarounds where possible.
- An error occurs when two SmartObject associations are configured using the same SmartObject with a Many to Many relationship.
- When the layout Picture Control Properties General Height is set using a %, at runtime the control does not render as designed. This is specific to using either Firefox or Chrome as the browser. The same issue will occur when using the control in the Form designer.
- When attempting to transfer data from one [ListDisplay] to another in a List View, the wrong data is surfaced at runtime. Currently, the transfer of data between controls in the body template of a List View is not supported.
- At runtime on an Editable List if a multivalue SmartObject property is used and items are selected in the checkbox list control and the List is saved an error occurs. The multivalue column shows the selected IDs but not the corresponding display values.
- Using the List View filter at runtime to search on dates does not function correctly and the data that is returned is incorrect.
- There is no 'Does not contain' operator available on the View runtime filter.
- In the View Designer you are unable to resize a row vertically.
- The Column size of a List or Editable List View cannot be adjusted at runtime.
- When large font sizes are applied to Controls in a View such as Textbox, TextArea, Calendar, Lookup and dropdown will result in the control displaying at runtime with a scrollbar rather than the control resizing itself.
- Dragging and dropping a button control onto a View will result in an empty system event being created for the Onclick event.
- Dragging a column in a List or Editable List View to a new position causes all the columns to resize to half the total drop column area. While designing a List View in the View Designer, merging a cell containing a Table Control with controls will remove the controls from the Table Control and add them to the current cell.
1. Merge the cell containing Table controls before adding Controls to the table.
2. Don’t merge the cell containing the Table, but merge the cell on the left of the cell with the cell containing the Table control.
- On a List View where Paging is enabled you are unable to sort according to the values in an unbound column.
1. Save data to a field and bind the column to the created field.
- It is not possible to use a field in an expression on a control that is bound to the same field on the View.
1. On a List View: Drag a datalabel control to the bound column and configure the datalabel with the same expression using the desired field.
2. On an Item View: Drag a corresponding control to the design canvas and configure the control using the desired field.
- The Form design canvas does not scroll horizontally when attempting to drop a View to the right of another View.
Use the right arrow button on the keyboard to move the Form to the far right. Then drop the required View in the drop zone.
- In the Forms Designer you are unable to change or resize the view after it has been dragged onto the Form.
- Changing the orientation of a View, for example changing a row to a column will result in the disproportionate rendering of a Form.
1. Make the required orientation changes.
2. Finish the Form wizard.
3. Edit the Form again and click through to Finish.
4. The Form will render correctly now at Design and Runtime.
- An error occurs if there are two checked out Forms using the same View with a new rule defined on Form level for an event on both the Views. The first Form must be checked in after the second Form.
1. Accept the error message.
2. Check in the lastest (second) Form
3. Check in the earlier (first) Form.
- When using multiple instances of the same View in a Form will result in the Form Rules and Expressions on the subview not executing as expected.
Create duplicate Views of the View to be used multiple times, by using the Save As functionality and providing a new name. This will ensure that unique instances of the View are used on the Form and the rules and expressions will execute correctly.
- When creating a Form that consists of many Views and multiple States the Form rules are not visible after adding an additional State. This issue occurs when the Form definition increases and exceeds the "Maximum Request Length" specified in the web.config.
Open the web.config of your SmartForms site, find the following entry: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="8192" /> and change the value to a larger number. The maximum allowed value is "2097151".
- When configuring a rule on a View and the " Send an E-mail" action is configured, it is not possible to add an attachment to the message as the Attachment Control is missing.
- Changing the Dropdown List control's properties on a View will cause the "Populate a List control with data" to be added back to the "View executed Initialize" Rule after it was explicitly removed.
- Unexpected behavior is experienced when the 'Show a message' action in the Rule Designer is configured. For example, creating a space between fields that have been dragged and dropped onto the message body moves each context field to a new line.
Create the space or line break before dragging the required context field into the message body field.
- The following issues are known when using the 'Send an e-mail' action in the Rule Designer.
a. More than one e-mail address can be added to the From field.
b. The To field is not a required field.
c. Only the first person in the To field receives an e-mail
d. HTML is an available option but only Plain text is supported at present.
d. The attachment icon is missing which only allows items from the context browser to dragged and dropped in the attachment field.
e. Unable to change font or font size.
- When the All Controls Validate checkbox is selected while configuring the condition 'the form passes validation' in the Rule Designer, at runtime the Form will not function as validation is expected on column headings which is not possible.
Do not use the All Controls Validate checkbox but rather check the Validate checkbox for each individual control listed.
- Unable to use Chinese characters for new workflow description.
- When a workflow is built and deployed, a duplicate 'Rule Action' entry is created in the Action Settings screen when an activity's name is changed after its first deployment.
- Issues are encountered when workflow data fields have the same name as a standard data field, for example Priority. The workflow field is applied to the standard field rather than to the custom data field.
SmartForms Workflow Integration Wizards
- In K2 Designer for Visual Studio when using the SmartForms Client Event wizard the ellipsis buttons in the Action Display Settings do not function.
Type in the required text or field data.
- In the SmartForms Integration Wizard it is not possible to drag an XML field into the process data fields input box after supplying the page field first.
- The two radio buttons namely, 'Use Default Version' and 'Bind Page Version to Process Version (on Deploy)' found on the Select Page and State screen of the SmartForms Client Event wizard are currently disabled and cannot be used.
SmartForms Web Part
- An error stating "Web Part Error: Cannot import this Web Part" is displayed when a SharePoint 2010 Site Template containing the SmartForms Web Part is imported and a sub site is created from the template.
Configure the SmartForms Web Part manually.
- Silverlight is not supported when using the Chrome browser on a Mac operating system. This will result in issues when working in the K2 Workflow Designer which requires Silverlight. For more information on Silverlight and browser support see http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.
• Silverlight is not supported when using the Safari browser on Windows operating system. This will result in issues when working in the K2 Workflow Designer which requires Silverlight. For more information on Silverlight and browser support see http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.
- Issues with SmartObjects and Views will be experienced when using Internet Explorer (64 bit) as Silverlight is not supported on 64 bit.
- At runtime using Safari as the browser a Form containing a View in which a SmartObject property is of type memo, will result in the scrollbar not displaying when data is added.
Set the default row's value to at least 5 in the designer under the control properties.
- When selecting a few activities in the Workflow Designer with the left-mouse button and then clicking on the "Save as Template" option will result in an error that states "The clipboard isn't available in the current host". This applies to all browsers except Internet Explorer.
a. Open K2 Designer in Internet Explorer 9.
b. open the workflow.
c. Select the activities and right -click.
d. select "Save as Template".
- In certain browsers when an existing Form is edited, on opening the Form steps through each View and Control on the Form in the context browser and highlights each one in green on the design canvas before the user can start editing the Form.
- In Internet Explorer 8 when setting a Lookup control's Read-Only property to true causes the Lookup's control button's opacity to be very high appearing almost invisible.
- Issues will be experienced when using K2 smartforms on an Android or Windows mobile device.
- The validation function on Expressions at design time does not validate field Types correctly which could result in an error at runtime.
- An error stating "Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" may occur when trying to use the K2 Designer when smartforms is installed in an environment using a Windows Server 2008.
Restart the K2 Server.
- When renaming an existing Category a user is able to rename the Category to that of another existing Category and thereby creating a duplicate category.
- When an i button is clicked in the K2 SmartForms Runtime site a 404 error will occur. The i buttons affected are:
• Login screen
• Hyperlink popup
• Picker search modal
• List View Filtering popup
• Advanced Filter option
1. open the Design Time site.
2. Browse to [install drive]\k2 blackpearl\K2 SmartForms Designer and copy the Documentation folder.
3. Browse to the Runtime Site and paste the Documentation folder in [install drive]\k2 blackpearl\K2 SmartForms Runtime.
- When creating a workflow in K2 Designer for SharePoint the user is able to click Next without selecting a Form on the User Form screen even though the Form and State fields are marked as mandatory.
Navigate back to the User Form screen and reconfigure by selecting the required Form and State.
- When clicking on the I button in the K2 Designer using Internet Explorer 9 as the browser the corresponding topic will open but the right hand scroll bar is not functional.
- In the K2 Designer For SharePoint, if a user configures a SmartForms User Task with a newly created Form that has not been checked in at least once then deployment will fail. This issue only occurs when a Form is created for the very first time.
Check the Form in before using it in the User Task. Once the Form has been checked in, the workflow deployment will succeed, even when it is checked out again.