This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The following issues are currently known for the K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 (4.12060.1590.0) and include workarounds where possible.
- After a K2 Designer for SharePoint process has been deployed and Claims Based Authentication with ADFS is being used, the user will be required to log in again when creating a new item in the List or Library.
- When Claims Based Authentication with ADFS is used and K2 Designer for SharePoint is open and the same base URL is selected the user will be prompted again for their log in details.
- When opening the Instantiation or Task page to manually start a K2 process and then signing in as a different user (for example, a Forms user), you are redirected to the login page and the original query string is truncated resulting in an error on the page. Workaround:
- Close the Internet Explorer session, log in as the correct user and open the task.
- Configure Credentials in K2 Designer for SharePoint will only work in the following configured scenarios:
- Classic Site where a SharePoint Login is AD and the cache is AD
- Claims (Forms Authentication) Site where a SharePoint Login is AD and the cache is AD
- Claims (ADFS) Site where a SharePoint Login is AD and the cache is AD
It is known not to work in the following scenarios:
- Claims (Forms Authentication) Site where a SharePoint Login is AD and the cache is Forms
- Claims (Forms Authentication) Site where a SharePoint Login is Forms and the cache is AD
- Claims (ADFS) Site where a SharePoint Login is AD and the cache is ADFS
- Claims (ADFS) Site where a SharePoint Login is ADFS and the cache is AD
- Claims (Forms Authentication) Site where a SharePoint Login is Forms and the cache is Forms
- Claims (ADFS) Site where a SharePoint Login is ADFS and the cache is ADFS
- An error occurs indicating: "An Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to design a K2 Designer for SharePoint process in a Site with Forms Authentication.
- Exchange Integration configuration: When configuring the Exchange integration in the K2 Setup Manager for an environment that will use Exchange Online with SmartActions enabled, the mail address specified for the SmartActions must be the same address as the one specified for the K2 Service account on the Exchange Server Configuration screen. If the mail addresses differ the following error will be displayed, “The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account”.
- Escalation mails: When deploying pre K2 blackpearl 4.6.5 workflows either in the K2 designers or using K2 Package and Deployment in a clean Exchange Online environment, the E-mail event and mail Escalations will fail with a timeout exception and the workflows will go into an error state.
Update the Design Templates and redeploy the workflow.
- Exchange Integration: In an environment that has Exchange 2007 when configuring the K2 Studio Exchange Event, the K2 Server might stops functioning when creating a new Mailbox when the Exchange Service instance is set to impersonate.
Ensure that Update Rollup 10 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 is installed.
- Exchange Meeting SmartObject: When using the Get Specific Time method on the Exchange Meeting SmartObject, no conflicts are returned when the SmartObject is configured to point to a Microsoft Exchange 2010 Server. However, when pointing to an Exchange 2007 Server, the conflicts are returned as expected. K2 is currently working with Microsoft to resolve this issue.
- When Microsoft Visual Studio is installed on the same machine as the SharePoint Timer Service an error message stating "System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException occurred in OWSTimer.exe" can occur when clicking next after the SharePoint Configuration Wizard – Solution Installation completes. For More information view the following articles:
- Configuration analysis tool: The warning on K2 for SharePoint Resource Files node in Configuration analysis tool reports that the 'k2configadmin.resx' files in 'App_GlobalResources' folder are not copied when they are actually present on the machine.
K2 People Picker control
- Clicking the K2 People Picker control results in the error “Only PickerDialog types can be used with the dialog. The type should be configured as a safecontrol in this site.”
Cause: The K2 for SharePoint Web Application Configuration feature is not activated.
Browse to the Manage Web Application Features page from the SharePoint Central Administration Manage Web Applications page, and then select the web application and click Manage Features in the ribbon. Then find and activate the K2 for SharePoint Web Application Configuration feature.
Additional Details: It is possible that the feature is installed but not activated. Activating the feature resolves the error and registers the type as a safe control. The K2 People Picker control is used on the Process Approval section of the Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings page in SharePoint Central Administration.
- SharePoint Lists and Library Event wizard: When using a Data Field to populate the Template Type value in the SharePoint Lists and Library Event wizard, the value is not updated in Runtime if the list type changes between Lists, for example, Custom List and Document Library.
The SharePoint Lists and Libraries Event wizard must be rerun, when the template type is changed, as an additional configuration screen is displayed depending on the choice made between making use of a List or a Library.
- Grid lines: When a Windows 7 desktop theme is used, the colours of text inside lists and grids in the K2 wizards may adopt the theme’s colours.
- Code Reference Event Wizard: Array types are not supported by the Code Reference Event Wizard. For example, when a method returns an array the wizard handles it as an instance.
With XML fields simply send the containing element and use an XmlDocument/XDocument in your code. For example:
In the following XML structure:
Make use of the ‘Users’ element, this will send the XML from ‘Users’ down as a string to the code.
- Word Document Event wizard: After installing K2 4.6 when K2 Designer for Visual Studio is opened the Word Document Event wizard might not display in the toolbox.
Right-click on the toolbox and select "Reset Toolbox".
- E-mail Event type: When creating a simple E-mail event and specifying the type of mail to HTML, once an instance is started so that the user can receive the mail and view the source of the mail the HTML in the mail is incorrectly displayed. The E-mail event puts extra span and inline css tags in the HTML body of the e-mail. If the user tries to embed custom HTML in the body then these tags can cause the user’s HTML not to render.
SmartObjects and Services
- SmartObject Services: The SmartObject Services Http errors do not surface in the K2 server console.
- Duplicate SmartObject: Upgrading environments that have existing SmartObjects created from SharePoint Lists and Libraries will result in duplicate SmartObjects if the internal name differs from the display name or the name contains a space; as a new SmartObject will be generated during the upgrade.
- The K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 installer caters for servers that are not connected to a domain and will automatically revert to SQLUM. However, the View Flow component does not function in a non-AD installation using SQLUM.
Option one: Uninstall Silverlight and View flow will function as expected. However, it is important to note that Silverlight is required by certain other K2 components.
Option two (Recommended):Force the View Flow to use Ajax instead of Silverlight by following these steps:
- The EventInstance element of a WorklistItem node, when serialized, only contains ActivityInstanceDestination data.
- Worklist Filtering:When filtering on the Worklist using the K2 Services or the Worklist Client API it is not possible to filter on the following data types: