The following issues are currently known for the K2 smartforms 1.0.4 (4.12165.1595.0) and include workarounds where possible.
- When the PDF System SmartObject is configured as the data source of the PDF control, the SmartObject properties do not display in the Context Browser of the rule wizard.
Re-select the same data source from the PDF control properties pane.
- Unable to clear the Picker control in runtime using the backspace key when running the Form in Internet Explorer 8.
- When resolving a value using the Picker control on a Form, the SmartObject properties that are not flagged as the value member are not populated.
- Adjusting the width of a control using the cursor does not persist to runtime.
- Unable to filter a Picker control by means of another List control on a View.
- When a control is added to the 'aggregation footer' of a List View and configured to be hidden, the control is not hidden at runtime.
- Not all controls handle keyboard interaction correctly.
- Unable to disable the auto-conversion of a date/time field to local time zone when using a Calendar control on a View.
- When executing a Form where a View on the Form contains a ‘File attachment with progress’ control, the control does not allow the file download at runtime regardless of the editable state.
- When executing a Form with a View that contains a File Attachment control, the file cannot be downloaded at runtime.
- An exception occurs at runtime stating: "Key could not be found in the collection" when filtering on a composite bound CheckboxList control on an Item View.
- An "Invalid column name <column name" error occurs when a filter is applied on all fields or visible fields in a List View based on a Workflow Reporting Service SmartObject.
- When designing a List View and a column is moved, the inherent properties for that column are not applied at runtime.
- The 'Navigate to another form' action does not execute at runtime when the destination Form is the same as the current Form.
- The ‘Populate a List control with data’ is added to the ‘View Initialize’ rule, after explicitly removing it, when the controls' properties are changed.
- Stored Procedure based methods don't show in item View Methods.
- When executing a SmartObject method with input properties from a Form and filtering was configured, the configured filter is ignored and all data returns.
- When removing a parameter referenced in a rule, upon editing the rule the specific parameter is displayed as "Unresolved".
- No ability to set tab order of controls on Views.
- When running SharePoint 2013 in 2010 compatibility mode, the SmartForms Web Part settings are not retained.
- An "Object Reference not set to an instance" error occurs when adding a User Task to a Form after the Form that is being used is deleted from the category tree.
- An "Invalid Rule" error occurs when deploying a Workflow containing a rule on an unbound control.
- Transferring a blank value to a Date data field in a Workflow results in an error indicating "String was not recognized as a valid Date Time".
- After a Form expired a user can still open the Form and action the item due to the worklist item still being available on the user’s worklist.
- The rule wizard becomes unavailable when adding additional states on a Form that already contains a number of states and rules.
- When a Drop-Down List control is changed from a SmartObject data source to a Static Value data source, the Initialize rule is not updated and the user is presented with a "value cannot be null" error.
Remove the “Populate a list control” action from the Initialize rule.
- When View level input controls contain the word "required" in a sentence in the text property, the controls are marked as required on Form level rules.
Change the casing to “Required” or remove the word.
- The SmartObject parameter mapped to a View parameter does not save successfully when both the View and the SmartObject parameter uses the same name.
- Rules disappear when Forms or Views are checked in.
- When designing rules, one cannot use quotation marks in a confirmation message title. All text after the first quotation mark gets discarded.
- An error occurs indicating that an invalid Rule exists when attempting to save an edited Form. This occurs when another user is editing a View on the Form and removed an action from the View.
- When the Finish button on the rule wizard configuration is clicked, the inheritance of enabling and disabling rules is lost from View to Form level.
- Controls in the Context Menu does not filter according to the chosen View when adding an event with the "if a control on a View contains a value" condition. This only occurs when there are multiple instances of the same View on a Form.
- When changing a rule action from a Load Method to a Get List Method, the configurations are carried over instead of being cleared.
- When editing a SmartObject and changing the output mapping, the rule mapping is removed instead of being updated.
- When changing a subview parameter name, the mapping is lost in the open subview rule configuration.
- Unable to edit an inherited rule on a Form after deleting a control with a rule configured from a subview.
- An error occurs stating: "Invalid XML (cannot represent object as string)" when editing the "Open a worklist item" rule action.
- An error occurs stating: "Cannot call method 'targetContextCanvas' of undefined" when editing a "Navigate to another Form and execute a View method" rule action.
- When opening the same subview multiple times as part of the same action using If conditions, the subview references are duplicated.
- An error occurs stating: "Object #<error> has no method 'toLowerCase'" when editing a "Show a Message" action containing an Editable List View's edit control.
- Unable to change the selected View to a different View when designing a rule for a button control on a Form to hide a specific View when the button is clicked.
- A "24411 K2:DOMAIN\USER from <ip address> is not allowed to open the worklist item with SN=<serial number>" error occurs when a user opens a worklist item where one state was used for numerous SmartForms Client Events in a K2 Designer for Visual Studio process.
- When hiding a column during runtime, the area of the remaining columns is not distributed correctly.
- If any control is set to borderless, no validation is performed at the time the rule executes.
- When executing a List method on a List View which contains a Foreign Key of which it's List method contains a Method parameter, execution fails as the parameter cannot be specified.
- An error occurs stating: "A directory service error has occurred." when performing a quick search on visible fields from a List View.
- Slow performance occurs when rendering large quantities of data from a SmartObject in a View.
- When replacing a View on a Form with a new View and deleting the old View, a 'Missing Controls' error occurs when attempting to open the Form at runtime.
- When deleting a control that is used in an expression, an "Unknown control missing" error occurs when executing the Form.
- A double click rule does not execute at runtime when a View contains another rule configured as single click.
- When Forms Authentication is selected, workflows are not showing in the Category tree.
- An error occurs stating: "Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'Form.Event_Design" when attempting to check out a Form.
- K2 smartforms needs the ability to clean up or archive the K2 Smartforms database.
- An error occurs stating: "System.Exception: No default Forms server environment field configured" when attempting to deploy a Workflow from the K2 Designer after changing the default environment from Development to Production.
There are some instances where special characters are not supported in the SmartForms Designers, for example:
- View Parameters
- Rules Designers where parameters have special characters
- An apostrophe (‘) in the watermark property of controls
- An apostrophe (‘) in the description of a SmartObject property
Certain behavior relating to dependencies between SmartObjects, Views, Forms, subviews and subforms will cause Forms and Views not to function as expected. There are a few instances where the SmartForms interdependencies and SmartObject dependencies are not satisfactorily dealt with, for example:
- When the Form and View are edited simultaneously and an action is removed from the View, the Form will have invalid rules and will not be able to be saved.
- Removing controls that have rules defined from a subview will break the rules on the Parent Form.
- Changing or editing a SmartObject will break dependencies on Views consuming the associated SmartObject.
- Broken Service Instances are not handled as expected in the K2 Designer.