This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
A login error occurs after upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.6 when attempting to log in against the Forms STS. The Forms STS returns the following error:
(Empty Exception Details, with “Object Reference Not Set” in the URL)
- Open the SmartForms K2 Designer.
- Navigate to and run the Manage Claims Form from: System -> Management -> Security -> Forms -> Manage Claims.
- Select and edit the label you are logging in against.
- Ensure that “Claim Type Info” is true (checked).
- Click OK.
- Close your browser and try to login against this label again.
In the case where you ONLY have a forms login, and are not able to get to the management pages to set this value, you can use the following script to update the settings in MSSQL:
DECLARE @SecurityLabel NVARCHAR(20);
--Replace K2SQL with your relevant label
SET @SecurityLabel = 'K2SQL';
SET [ClaimTypeInfo] = 1
WHERE [SecurityLabel] = @SecurityLabel AND [IssuerID] = (SELECT [ID] FROM [Identity].[ClaimIssuer] WHERE [Issuer] = 'FormsSTS')