This article refers to legacy products, components or features. Therefore, the content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
The following issues are currently known for the K2 smartforms 1.0.6 and include workarounds where possible.
- When filtering on a Composite bound Check Box List control on a View, an exception occurs at runtime stating: "Key could not be found in the collection."
- The ability to ignore the date format inherited by the cultural settings as defined on the server does not exist.
- When a control is added to the 'aggregation footer' of a List View and configured to be hidden, the control is not hidden at runtime.
- Unable to clear the Picker control in runtime using the backspace key when running the Form in Internet Explorer 8.
- When executing a Form with a View that contains a File Attachment control, the file cannot be downloaded at runtime.
Run the View in a different supported browser such as Chrome.
- Setting the Tab Index to None on the Radio Button Group or Radio Button List control is ignored at runtime in Internet Explorer 8 and 9. Furthermore, when a subview or popup window is opened it is possible to tab to the Radio Button Controls behind the subview or popup in Internet Explorer 8 or 9 once again ignoring the setting of None.
Set up a rule that when a subview or popup is opened the Radio Buttons in the View behind the popup are disabled. When the subview or popup is closed the Radio buttons must be enabled again.
- If no value or a duplicate blank value is assigned to a Radio Button Control the Radio Buttons will not work as expected, when clicking on the buttons they will not display or appear to be selected.
- When creating a View and selecting the Merge Cell Down button on the Toolbar twice, an error occurs stating: "TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'toRow.ref')".
- When removing a parameter referenced in a rule, upon editing the rule the specific parameter is displayed as "Unresolved".
- An "Invalid column name <column name" error occurs when a filter is applied on all fields or visible fields in a List View based on a Workflow Reporting Services SmartObject.
- When executing a SmartObject method with input properties from a Form and filtering was configured, the configured filter is ignored and all data returns.
- Unable to close the Supply a name for this property warning popup using the Enter key on the keyboard.
- When an existing Editable List View is modified by changing the SmartObject method the change is not persisted.
- Currently only the label control is available for use in the body of List Views.
- It is possible to delete the validation patterns that are available by default in K2 smartforms. If the pattern is deleted an error occurs after upgrading to the newer version of the software as the installer is unable to find the validation pattern.
If you have deleted a default validation pattern run the configuration option available in the K2 smartforms Setup Manager to restore the patterns.
- If a SharePoint 2013 theme was applied to a Form and the sizing of controls was configured as absolute (pixel-based widths), after upgrading to K2 smartforms 1.0.6 the controls that previously rendered next to one another move to a next row. This issue was caused by padding that was added to the SharePoint 2013 theme to fix issues with alignment.
The Forms using a SharePoint 2013 theme must be checked after upgrade and any style changes will need to be manually corrected.
- When deleting the View Initialize rule from a View, after editing the properties of a control on the View, the rule gets added again.
- An "Invalid Rule" error occurs when deploying a Workflow containing a Rule on an unbound control.
- An "Object Reference not set to an instance" error occurs when adding a User Task to a Form after the Form that is being used is deleted from the category tree.
- After a Form expired a user can still open the Form and action the item due to the worklist item still being available on the users’ worklist.
- Transferring a blank value to a Date data field in a Workflow results in an error indicating "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime".
- No multi-language multilingual support in K2 smartforms.
- When editing a Show a Message action containing an Editable List View's edit control, a widget error occurs stating: "Object #<error> has no method 'toLowerCase'".
- An error occurs indicating: "Message: Invalid XML (cannot represent object as string)" when editing an Open a worklist item Rule action.
- When multiple View instances exist on a Form, controls in the Context Menu do not filter according to the selected View.
- Unable to edit the Specify edit state for View and Form controls action in Internet Explorer 10.
- Unable to edit an inherited rule on a Form after deleting a control with a rule configured from a subview.
- An error occurs indicating that an invalid Rule exists when attempting to save an edited Form. This occurs when another user is editing a View on the Form and removed an action from the View.
- When designing rules, one cannot use quotation marks in a confirmation message title. All text after the first quotation mark is discarded.
- When changing a subview parameter name, the mapping is lost in the open subview rule configuration.
- The SmartObject parameter mapped to a View parameter doesn't save successfully when both the View and the SmartObject parameter uses the same name.
- When the Finish button on the Rules Wizard Configuration is clicked, the inheritance of enabling and disabling rules is lost from View to Form level.
- When opening the same subview multiple times as part of the same action using If conditions, the subview references are duplicated.
- When editing a SmartObject and changing the output mapping, the rule mapping is removed instead of being updated.
- When changing a Rule action from a Load Method to a Get List Method, the configurations are carried over instead of being cleared.
- The Form Rules Wizard becomes unavailable when adding additional states on a Form that already contains a number of states and rules.
- Inherited subview/subform rules will go into an error state due to items that cannot be transformed. Editing the rule results in a "One or more actions could not be transformed." warning.
- When executing a List method on a List View that contains a Foreign Key and the List method contains a Method parameter, execution fails as the parameter cannot be specified.
- In Internet Explorer 9 and 10, when selecting a Form tab by clicking on the tab and then using the direction keyboard buttons to navigate to the next tab, the focus is not moved to the next tab. Only when pressing the direction keyboard button again does the focus shift to the next tab.
- When deleting a control that is bound to an expression and then running the Form, an error occurs stating: "Unknown control missing". The Form becomes unusable.
- If a Radio Button List control is set as borderless, no validation is done when the rule executes.
- When replacing a View on a Form with a new View and deleting the old View, a 'Missing Controls' error occurs when attempting to open the Form at runtime.
- A double click rule does not execute at runtime when a View contains another rule configured as a single click.
- An error occurs stating: "A directory service error has occurred" when performing a quick search on visible fields from a List View.
- Slow performance occurs when rendering large quantities of data from a SmartObject in a View.
- When hiding a column during runtime, the real-estate of the remaining columns are not distributed correctly.
- Date/Time properties in an Editable List View column do not sort correctly when you click on the column header.
- Installing K2 smartforms with an account that does not have SmartObject Publish Permissions fails to publish the SmartObjects and Forms required for the management of Forms Authentication.
Assign SmartObject Publish Permissions to the account installing K2 smartforms.
- Performance slows down when working with a Form that has 6 states and 11 tabs.
- The ability to clean up or archive either the K2 smartforms or K2 database does not exist.
- When Forms Authentication is selected, workflows are not showing on the Category tree.
- Internet Explorer memory usage increases and slows down the browser after opening, editing and closing Forms, Views and SmartObjects.
- An Object Reference error occurs when selecting the New Workflow option from the menu that appears when right clicking on category in the K2 Designer.
- An error occurs stating: "System.Exception: No default Forms server environment field configured" when attempting to deploy a Workflow from the K2 Designer after changing the default environment from Development to Production.
- A server error occurs stating 'ID4291: The security token 'System.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityToken' is not scoped to the current endpoint' when upgrading from K2 smartforms 1.0.6 RC to 1.0.6 RTM.
Clear your browsers cache and reopen the K2 Designer.
- When accessing a SmartForm from a site that has a public IP the forms are not properly styled returning 500 errors on the CombinedResources.ashx.
Disable the CombinedResources in the web config file.
<add key="Forms.CombinedResources.Cache.Enabled" value="false" />
Note that making this change will have a performance impact. Contact your Regional Support to obtain a patch containing the fix for this issue.
- When a SmartForms design and runtime site are configured to use FormsSTS with multiple security labels, the user login will require a prefix label identity on the login screen, for example K2FORMS:Bob. To log in without having to provide the prefix label, for example Bob, follow the steps in the workaround.
- Navigate to FormsSTS web.config C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\WebServices\Identity\Sts\Forms
- Add the K2 label to the attribute value:
<add key="ExcludedSecurityLabels" value="SP;K2" />
There are some instances where special characters are not supported in the SmartForms Designers, for example:
- View Parameters
- Rules Designers where parameters have special characters
- An apostrophe (‘) in the watermark property of controls
- An apostrophe (‘) in the description of a SmartObject property
Certain behavior relating to dependencies between SmartObjects, Views, Forms, subviews and subforms will cause Forms and Views not to function as expected. There are a few issues with SmartForms interdependencies and SmartObject dependencies, for example:
- When the Form and View are edited simultaneously and an action is removed from the View, the Form will have invalid rules and will not be able to be saved.
- Removing controls that have rules defined from a subview will break the rules on the Parent Form.
- Changing or editing a SmartObject will break dependencies on Views consuming the associated SmartObject.
- Broken Service Instances are not handled as expected in the K2 Designer.
- In SmartForms popups and the rendering of absolute-sized elements can be adversley affected due to zoom level settings in Firefox. Firefox inherits the zoom level from the operating system by default and in Windows 8 the default is set at 125%.
Change the zoom-level in Firefox by pressing Ctrl + - or change Windows zoom level to 100%
See also: KB001415 - Known issue: View and Form parameters overwriting field mappings