K2 blackpearl 4.6.9 (4.12060.1640.1) allows for a clean install or upgrade from a previous version of the product.
The K2 blackpearl 4.6.9 Setup Manager is available as an independent installation package that can be downloaded from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
New Features and Enhancements
There are several new features and enhancements available in this release. For a detailed list click here.
The Knowledge Base article below lists the issues resolved in this release:
KB001639 – K2 blackpearl 4.6.9 Resolved Issues List
The Knowledge Base article KB001638 lists the known issues in this release.
This update includes the hotfixes included in previous K2 4.6 Updates, so there is no need to install the updates listed below. The following links are provided for reference to view the enhancements and resolved issues contained within the previous updates:
KB001600 - Update K2 4.6.8 (4.12060.1600.0)
KB001590 – Update K2 4.6.7 (4.12060.1590.0)
KB001560 – Update K2 4.6.6 (4.12060.1560.0)
KB001550 – Update K2 4.6.5 (4.12060.1550.0)
KB001540 - Update K2 4.6.4 (4.12060.1540.0)
KB001530 - Update K2 4.6.3 (4.12060.1530.0)
KB001520 - Update K2 4.6.2 (4.12060.1520.0)
KB001500 - Update K2 4.6.1 (4.12060.1500.0)
- K2 Setup Manager: .NET Framework 4.5 is required for the K2 installer to run, ensure that this version is installed on all machines on which the installer will be run.
- K2 Setup Manager: PowerShell 2 or higher is required on the K2 Server by the Setup Manager in order to make connection with Microsoft Exchange.
- Unattended Installer: In order to implement new features and resolve bugs new variables have been added to the installer in the 4.6.9 release. It is therefore required that any unattended files must be regenerated in this release to ensure that the full set of features and functionality gets installed.
- Non AD installations: The K2 Administrator account needs to have a SQL Server login and have public role membership on the SQL Server. This is to ensure that the SCSSOKey is created for the server, which is used for encryption and security. For existing Non-AD environments the public role needs to be added to the User Database Mappings before upgrading to K2 blackpearl 4.6.9.
- Legacy databases: K2 recommends that if you are still running on multiple databases (legacy databases) that you consider consolidating your databases in this release or in the near future. In order to upgrade to a future Update, you will be required to be on a single database. An important note has been added to the K2 Setup Manager that will remind you to consider consolidating your databases if it detects legacy databases. For more information, see KB001628 (http://help.k2.com/KB001628).
- Consolidated Configuration files: A number of configuration files have been consolidated to ensure that there configuration is kept in a central place that is easily accessible and configurable. On upgrade to K2 4.6.9 the existing environment configuration is preserved and is added to the new consolidated files. For more information see KB001637 - Configuration file consolidation in K2 blackpearl 4.6.9.
- Behavioral Change: Deploying a K2 4.6.8 package created in MMC that contains Forms Based Workflows or Event Based Workflows to a new subsite or site collection will result in the workflow being deployed to the new subsite/site collection (not the subsite to which the package is being deployed) because it does not have a unique name. This has been fixed for future packages, in K2 4.6.8 the workflow definition would have been "List/List1 workflow" and now in K2 4.6.9, the workflow name will be stored as "[SiteName] List/List1 workflow" in order to ensure that the workflow name is unique over sites, subsites and site collections on the same SharePoint server.
- There is one installer that will facilitate the following:
- For customers who already have K2 blackpearl 4.6 installed, download and install this update from portal.k2.com.
- For customers who do not have K2 blackpearl installed, download the installer from portal.k2.com.
- Upgrades: Refer to the compatibility matrix to see if your current K2 version can be upgraded to K2 4.6.9.
||Note: If you upgrading from a version older than K2 blackpearl 4.6.8 it is recommended that you read the relevant links under the Updates included section above before upgrading to ensure your environment has all the necessary prerequisites installed.
- If your environment is using impersonation and Kerberos manual configuration is required when upgrading or setting up your environment. For more information see KB001607 – Delegation Settings to Allow Impersonation with Kerberos.
- .NET 4.5 required by the K2 Setup Manager.
- If you are currently on Windows Server 2008 R2 you will require Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 when upgrading.
- The K2 Server (Host Server) requires .NET Framework 4.5. Ensure that you have .NET 4.5 installed on the server before upgrading or installing.
- PowerShell 2 or higher is required by the K2 Setup Manager
- Refer to the Important Considerations section above before installing or upgrading.
- Refer to the K2 4.6.9 documentation available in the installation package or on Help.K2.com for detailed installation instructions.
- The K2 4.6.9 installation package must be installed by running the K2 Setup Manager (K2Setup.exe) found within the package.
- Ensure that you have the correct permissions to run the install to avoid installation issues. For the correct installation permissions refer to the installation and setup guide.
- After the K2 Setup Manager finishes, If SharePoint 2010 is present in the environment the K2 for SharePoint Configuration wizard will run and must be allowed to complete to fully update the K2 Features in SharePoint with any changes. If the K2 for SharePoint Configuration wizard is not run, the update will not be installed properly and your K2 installation will not function correctly.
Note: The K2 for SharePoint Configuration wizard does not need to be run if you are installing in a SharePoint 2013 environment.