This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When starting a workflow using an IPC event from another workflow designed in K2 Designer an error occurs.
The error states “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”.
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Download and install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Get the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP3 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP3 to apply the fix.
- Ensure the “Use automatic item reference mapping (recommended)” tick box is disabled.