This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When using the item reference email property from a People or Group column to set the value of a datafield in a workflow, starting the workflow with an empty People or Group column will cause the workflow to go into error state.
The workflow will be in an error state with the following error message:
"InnerException: SmartObject property UserIds is a required property for selected method GetK2EmailsForSharePointUsers. Value must be set."
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Download and install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Get the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP4 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update FP4 to apply the fix.
- Run the K2 for SharePoint Registration Wizard.
- Re-deploy the workflow.