When adding an IPC Event to a workflow and the configuration of the event does not include a sub workflow, an error occurs when attempting to create a package of the solution containing the workflow.
The error states: “Ensure that your workflow is deployed before packaging. The workflow setting could not be found.”
Package and deployment did not allow a dynamic IPC Event in a workflow. It was expecting a sub workflow in the solution.
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Download and install the K2 4.7 November 2017 Cumulative Update from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Get the K2 4.7 November 2017 Cumulative Update FP2 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 4.7 November 2017 Cumulative Update FP2 to apply the fix.
- A warning will now display: “Dynamic value detected in sub workflow (IPC) event. Please ensure that all the required sub workflows are in the package or on the target environment.”
- You will still be able to continue creating the package.