In K2 Five, archiving data requires you to contact your regional support for a script. The script archives data from the K2 database to another database, and includes verbose logging and information about data it is currently processing. The script sends the logging information to the SQL output window showing which table is currently being processed, how many records are affected, their timestamps and when a section is complete. This logging is not configurable and is not saved -- it is live output data which gives you a better idea of how the archiving is progressing. This is helpful for first-time archiving as it can take a long time and might appear stalled.
Steps to Archive with Database Script
- Ensure you have K2 Five installed.
- Contact K2 support to request the script.
- Run the script on the K2 database.
Archiving Upgrade Scenario
When upgrading to K2 Five from a previous version of K2 with archived data, follow the steps below:
- Archive your data.
- Upgrade to K2 blackpearl 4.7.
- Restore archived data using the Legacy Workspace UI.
- Upgrade to the latest version of K2 Five.
- Use the above-mentioned script to archive your data in K2 Five.