This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When you run the app registration or activate a site collection using the K2 Five for SharePoint app, the following error occurs:
Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.
When you run the app registration or activate a site collection using the K2 Five for SharePoint App, the K2 service account is used to execute these tasks. The error occurs when the K2 service account does not have the necessary permissions on the root category to create the SharePoint 2013 category.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Create the SharePoint 2013 category using the K2 Designer with an identity that has Security Administrator permissions.
- Open K2 Management and go to the SharePoint 2013 category in the Categories node.
- On the Security page, select the Everyone Role and click Break Inheritance.
- Add the K2 Service account and give it Allow permissions for View and Execute rights.
- Rerun the app registration or site collection activation.