When you upload a document to an existing Document Library in SharePoint, the check-in button on the upload wizard when clicked presents an error.
The following error occurs: “SmartObject property ID is a required property for selected method UpdateDocumentMetadataById. Value must be set”.
Introduced as by design because of changing behavior of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ensure you have K2 Five RTM installed.
- Get the K2 Five RTM FP20 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 Five RTM FP20 to apply the fix.
- It is recommended to refresh the browser cache.
- Ensure you Regen forms for existing collateral.