This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When you upload a document to an existing Document Library in SharePoint, the check-in button on the upload wizard when clicked presents an error.
The following error occurs: “SmartObject property ID is a required property for selected method UpdateDocumentMetadataById. Value must be set”.
Introduced as by design because of changing behavior of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ensure you have K2 Five RTM installed.
- Get the K2 Five RTM FP20 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 Five RTM FP20 to apply the fix.
- It is recommended to refresh the browser cache.
- Ensure you Regen forms for existing collateral.