This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When K2 Forms STS is enabled and a user token has expired, you may be logged out in the background and unable to access the K2 Application.
- Ensure you have K2 Five RTM installed.
- Get the K2 Five RTM FP28 from Regional Support.
- Install the K2 Five RTM FP28 to apply the fix.
- It is recommended to refresh the browser cache.
It is important that the lifetime of your token, i.e ADFS, FormsSTS, WindowsSTS, is never the same as the TokenExpiry value, including the default value of 1800. This will result in a constant sign-in/sign-out cycle, and will cause a “multiple login attempts detected” error. These values are stored in the web config files situated at the locations below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 smartforms Designer
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\K2 smartforms Runtime
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\WebServices\Identity\Sts\Forms
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K2 blackpearl\WebServices\Identity\Sts\Windows
Note that the SessionTokenLifetime values are updated in the \Sts\Forms and \Sts\Windows config files and the TokenExpiry values are updated in the \K2 smartforms Designer and \K2 smartforms Runtime web config files, so there are four files where they should not have the same value.
When you experience this issue follow these steps:
- Add the following value to the K2 SmartForms Runtime web.config file under <appSettings>:
<add key="TokenExpiry" value="1800" />
- Restart the K2 Server.
- It is recommended to refresh the browser cache and perform an IISReset.
This value is specified in seconds and is used as the minimum time a token needs to remain valid before K2 will re-authenticate. This could however prompt a user for credentials when accessing K2 forms.
The minimum value recommendation is 600 seconds.