This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
When you have a SharePoint 2010 site, the members from the SharePoint group are not added correctly to the K2 identity cache and causes an error in the HostServer log file when you attempt to access K2 from the SharePoint 2010 site.
The following error is visible in the HostServer log file: “SharePointRoleProvider.GetMembers: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An unexpected failure was encountered when contacting SharePoint to get information from the group provider Portal: Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
- Ensure you have K2 4.7 installed.
- Download and Install the K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Download the K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update FP20 from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Install the K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update FP20 to apply the fix.
- It is recommended to refresh the browser cache.