Unable to deploy a workflow when a property is used as both the input and return values on the same SmartObject step.
When deploying the workflow an error message shows, indicating that the SmartObject method had a deployment error and stating that it is pointing to an external reference definition that does not exist.
- Ensure you have K2 Five (5.1) installed.
- Download and install the K2 Five (5.1) November 2018 Cumulative Update from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Download the K2 Five (5.1) November 2018 Cumulative Update FP16 from K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
- Install the K2 Five (5.1) November 2018 Cumulative Update FP16 to apply the fix.
- It is recommended to refresh the browser cache.
After installing this fix pack, you need to re-deploy the workflow on the source environment and create a new package. Use the new package to deploy on the target environment.