This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
When setting a validation on controls on a SmartForm, it will fail with a red border and error:
However, if the borderless setting is set to TRUE on the controls Properties, it will not show a red border or error message on validation.
This is a known issue on K2 4.7 and K2 Five.
There are 3 workarounds to consider:
On the validation dialog box, there is an option called “Show validation message in a popup dialog” – this will show a warning message if the validation is not met.
More information can be found here: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2cloud/userguide/update_3/default.htm#create/k2designer/controls/controlvalidation.htm
- On the Form/View add an additional datalabel called: lblError.
- Set the label to invisible and the text color to Red.
- On the Form/View rules, on the validation add an "Else" condition, to show the label with an error message (e.g. "A value is required").
Similar to Workaround #2
- With the control set to Borderless, set the border color to Red.
- On the Form/View rules, on the validation add an "Else" condition to show the border.
This can be combined with Workaround #2 to show the border and validation error message.