During the installation of K2 Connect 5.0 the following errors occurs:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The database 'DB-Name' does not exist. Supply a valid database name. To see available databases, use sys.databases
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'X'
The error occurs if any of the following is true:
- Your Database name starts with a Number
- You have a "-" in your database name.
Microsoft recommends not having numbers starting your database name:
Using a hyphen in your database name causes the second error, this is a known bug.
If you are still experiencing the same error after removing the number from the beginning of the DB Name and removed the Hyphen, this could be due to the existing SQL script not being updated. To resolve this:
- Navigate to the following location: C:\Users\[myUser]\AppData\Local\Temp
- Cut + Paste the contents of the folder to a different folder
- Run the K2 Connect Installer again.