This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
We are excited to announce the new K2 4.6.9 releases available.
This release builds on the prior set of releases and contains new features and fixes to five components. For a detailed list of fixed in each release, please review the associated Release Notes:
The K2 Language Pack 4.6.9 is also available as a preview. The K2 Language Pack is an add-on component that enables cultural adaptation and translation of nonconfigurable elements. The Language Pack allows for the standard SmartForms controls, the controls available in the SmartForms Control Pack as well as the K2 View Flow report and elements of the K2 Designer to display correctly in different languages.
This release adds translation support for five languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
For more information, please review the K2 Language Pack 4.6.9 (Preview) Release Notes (KB001695).
As always, it is recommended that you install the latest release. To get any of today's releases, please visit the download pages on the K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
Please note that the following releases have specific prerequisites and an installation order that needs to be followed during installation:
- K2 smartforms 4.6.9 has a dependency on K2 blackpearl 4.6.9. Please review theK2 smartforms 4.6.9 Release Notes for more information.
- K2 smartforms Control Pack 4.6.9 has a dependency on K2 smartforms 4.6.9. Please review the K2 smartforms Control Pack 4.6.9 Release Notes for more information.
- K2 for SharePoint 4.6.9 has a dependency on K2 blackpearl 4.6.9, K2 smartforms 4.6.9, and K2 smartforms Control Pack 4.6.9. Please review the K2 for SharePoint 4.6.9 Release Notes for detailed information about installation.
- K2 for connect 4.6.9 has a dependency on K2 blackpearl 4.6.9. If you have not upgraded to K2 blackpearl 4.6.9, you should not install K2 connect for SAP 4.6.9. Also note that previous versions of K2 connect for SAP do not support K2 blackpearl 4.6.9.
Important Notes for 4.6.9
The release notes have more details on each of these items, but we wanted to highlight a few items:
- K2 smartforms 4.6.9 now includes Internet Explorer 11 support. Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported as of this release. For more information, please see the K2 smartforms Support Matrix.
- As of this release, the K2 for SharePoint Online app has officially moved to from preview mode to release status. The 4.6.9 app version (version 4.4120.5.1) is only compatible with K2 4.6.9. Be sure to upgrade your K2 environment before upgrading to the latest K2 for SharePoint Online app. For more information, please see the K2 for SharePoint 4.6.9 Release Notes.
- To activate the K2 offline forms preview, you will need to request a new K2 smartforms license key. To submit your request, visit the K2 License Key page athttp://portal.k2.com/licensekey and select "K2 smartforms" from the product list. In the Software License Details section, select "K2 offline forms License" in the SKU drop down menu. A new, offline forms-enabled license key will be sent to you via e-mail.
Please use the K2 Partner and Customer Portal to open support tickets and/or contact your local support offices to report any issues. Additionally, the K2 forums on K2 Community are available for community-based discussions. Note: K2 Community is a community Web site and should not be used for production support issues or for logging bugs.
K2 Product Team