This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
Announcing K2 4.7 Cumulative Updates
We are always striving to find new ways to improve K2 products for our customers. As part of this effort, this technical bulletin details the new Cumulative Update release policy implemented for the K2 4.7 release.
What is a Cumulative Update?
As new code fixes are developed for the K2 4.7 release, cumulative updates will be created periodically to roll-up all available fixes.
Some things to understand about these updates:
- No new features will be released in a cumulative update.
- Customers must have an active maintenance agreement to receive a cumulative update.
- This includes a single installer that will update all installed K2 4.7 components.
- Cumulative updates must be installed on every machine (server or client).
- Customers will be able to access these cumulative updates by opening a support ticket through regular K2 support channels.
- Cumulative Updates are truly cumulative, so the latest released update will include all previously released code fixes on K2 4.7.
- The End-of-Life support date for K2 4.7 does not change with each cumulative update release.
When will Cumulative Updates be released?
Cumulative Updates will be released periodically when enough critical code fixes are available. The first cumulative update, K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update, is now available. For more details on the code fixes available in this update, please see the Release Notes at KB001805.
How will I be notified about the latest releases?
When a cumulative update is released, the Release Notes detailing the code fixes will be published to http://help.k2.com. A News item will also be published. In order to be notified of the latest releases, subscribe to the News RSS feed. You will not receive a technical bulletin via email for each cumulative update, so be sure to subscribe to the RSS feed to be notified.
You can also subscribe to the Knowledge Center’s RSS feed to be notified of all new content, including KB articles, release notes and white papers.
K2’s latest support policies are described in more detail in the K2 Product Support and Release Strategy, located at http://help.k2.com/k2releasestrategy.
Please contact your K2 Account Manager should you have any specific questions.
K2 Product Team