With the Preview of K2 SmartObject OData API, comes a powerful new way to use third-party reporting tools with both K2 process data as well as line-of-business data. K2 is pleased to provide Power BI templates and content packs to accelerate insights into your business processes.
Get data-driven decisions by seeing the performance of your processes and activities. Drill down into rich process activities for better analysis. Understand workload and identify any bottlenecks. See general usage trends for how K2 processes are being used.
The article includes instructions for enabling OData SmartObject support and how to access the Power BI K2 content pack.
For the Power BI K2 Process Template to work, you must first have SmartObject OData API enabled. To find out how to enable and configure the SmartObject OData API, see Configuring the SmartObject OData API in the product documentation.
The following SmartObjects must be selected for the K2 Process Template to retrieve the appropriate data in the report. Alternatively, you may choose the "all SmartObjects" option.
SmartObject Display Name
SmartObject System Name
Category:Workflow Reports\Workflow Analytics
Activity Instance Destination
Note there is a “Process Sets” (plural) SmartObject. You must select “Process Set” (single). Check for the correct system name and category location when selecting the SmartObject.
1. Log in to Power BI Online with your Microsoft Work or School account, and click Get Data at the bottom of the left hand navigation pane.
2. In the Services box, click Get
3. Search for K2 Process Analytics in the AppSource Power BI gallery, then click Get it now
4. Enter your K2 OData endpoint. To find out how to enable and configure the SmartObject OData API, see the product documentation. The K2 OData endpoint is formmated as follows and should use HTTPS:
5. For Authentication Method, select Basic. Enter your user name and password, then click Sign In.
6. After Power BI imports the data, you will see a new dashboard, report and dataset in the left hand navigation pane. New items are marked with a yellow asterisk (*) which disappears once selected. Choosing the dashboard will show a similar layout to the one below:
There are times you may have enter in the wrong credentials the first time you load the template or want to change the credentials at a later point in time. To update the OData URL or credentials used do the following: