This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
When you remove the K2 for SharePoint App
from a SharePoint site collection, there are still remnants of that site collection left in SharePoint and in K2. These should get removed completely from both SharePoint and K2.
When you remove the K2 for SharePoint App from a SharePoint site collection, there are still bits and pieces of the site collection left in SharePoint and in K2. These should get removed completely from both SharePoint and K2.
When removing the K2 for SharePoint App from a SharePoint site collection, perform the following steps:
- Remove SharePoint Group Provider entries in K2.
- Remove Management SmartObjects and the Service Instance in K2.
- Remove the OAuth resources in K2.
- Remove Receiver entries in K2.
- Remove the Site Collection Category tree in K2.
- Disable SharePoint Group Provider entries in the Identity.Identity, and Identity.IdentityMembers tables in K2.
- Remove K2Pages library in SharePoint.
- Remove App Catalog K2 tracking list entries in SharePoint.
- Add functionality to "brute force - retry" scenarios, where the SharePoint site has been deleted already, but the K2 artifacts remain.
We do have a PowerShell script that does some (but not all) of the clean-up for you. If you would like the clean-up script, please log a new support ticket, reference this KB and request the clean-up script.
No matter how small the change, always make a full backup of your K2 database(s), before making any "direct changes" to it.
We have logged an item for the development team to look at. All of the clean-up should be added to a future build of K2. (At the time of writing, there is no official date that will include this clean-up functionality.)
The first download is for K2 4.7 and K2 Five 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2.
The second download is for K2 5.3 and K2 Cloud Update 8 and 9 and possibly later. Untested but should work for K2 Five 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3.