This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
After deploying a package from QA to Production, typically after migrating from K2 4.7 to 5.2. On Package and Deployment to the production server, all artifacts deploy successfully but some are missing from the allocated design categories with valid authorization framework or the read and view permission.
This usually happens after upgrading form 4.7 (older versions) to K2 Five where orphaned SmartObjects were used or referenced by certain artifacts (views, form).
1. SmartObjects that had no category nor a default category.
2. On the production server design category on package and deployment, the category show no artifacts.
3. The missing artifacts also affect SmartObjects.
4. K2 database query also show those missing artifacts, but cannot open them directly.
5. The issue usually occurs after migration from K2 4.7 to 5.2.
Trace logs will show the issues occurred during the upgrade.
For the Forms and Views that were missing in the design category perform the following steps:
1. Analyze all SmartObjects that were used in the views and forms.
2. Do an export from QA and then Import To PROD.
3. Once all SmartObjects are in the right categories, perform PnD deployment with Create New Version for all affected artifacts using the original Package.
Read this link for SmartObject Considerations and Best Practices.
Also view this link for SmartObject Export and Import.