This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
The issue that is seen here is to do with deploying a workflow or smart object via K2 Studio, however this fails with the following error:
"Pop-up dialogue box title: Deploy In Progress Dialogue message body: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Method not found: 'System.String SourceCode.K2Studio.Resources.Resource2.get_String_Environment_InvalidConnectionString()'."
This can occur after upgrading to 4.7. update 3, and happens in K2 studio only and not within Visual studio.
Please do the following:
- From within the installation media, run the K2 Blackpearl set up manager and choose the option to modify.
- Un-check the option for K2 studio and continue on. You will see that it will show the status of removing the component.
- After this continue on the set up so that the removal is completed.
- Following from this run the set up installer once again and click modify to check the K2 studio option to reinstall the component and run through as normal.
- After this open up K2 studio and find a process that you would like to deploy or you can create one as well. Once done deploy this and you should get no more errors as seen previously.