This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
When you are setting up a K2 Cluster environment, on the first server everything seemed fine. On the second server the installation is completed as normal but when going into Workspace you are presented with the following error:
24404 Authentication with server failed for accountname@domain.NET with Message: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed"
What could be the cause of this error.
The following error you see within Workspace and this can also be seen within the log files as well: "accountname@domain.NET with Message: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed" can happen if you have a web site that uses Integrated Authentication and is hosted on IIS 5.1 or above.
This is per the Microsoft article below:
To resolve this issue please do the following:
To set the DisableLoopbackCheck registry key, follow these steps:
Set the DisableStrictNameChecking registry entry to 1. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
- Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer. You should be able to go into Workspace without seeing any errors.