This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
The Forms, Views and SmartObjects associated to a Sharepoint list are visible and you can see that there is a Workflow that has previously been deployed for this list. The Workflow is not visible here. Another scenario is that that you need to edit the existing workflow and deploy new changes.
The Workflow is not visible in the K2 Designer page, or in the category for this list. The K2 Management Page shows that a workflow has been deployed and is currently running.
Other steps completed include:
- You have Admin permissions on the K2 Workflow Server and for this particular process.
- You have searched for the Workflow in K2 Designer but it does not appear search results.
- It's possible for another user to see this Workflow.
1) Identify who the original process owner was. This would be whoever created the Workflow initially or last deployed this Workflow into the list via P&D.
2) Verify this user can see the Workflow within the list/category in question.
3) Have this user then edit the Workflow and update the Sharing on this Workflow to include relevant users. If everyone should see it then add in the "Everyone" group from K2, which will allow all K2 users to see this workflow.
4) Test the Workflow to ensure that the users added are now able to see the Workflow as expected.
If the original Workflow owner is no longer available or has been disabled, reach out to K2 Support to have them update the Processes' owner to a user that will be active. Please submit a support ticket that references this KB article. It is recommended to have "Sharing" remain on the default setting "Everyone" so that there is not a dependency on just one user. See below for more on this configuration.
Background on this behavior:
This behavior is usually seen when there has been Sharing on a Workflow that does not include your current user. By default, Workflows are shared with the "Everyone" Group which is a K2 group, not a Sharepoint group. Additionally, if this sharing of the Everyone group is removed, or do not have any sharing specified, the Original creator (Owner) of this Workflow will be the only one who will see this workflow within designer and who can edit it.
Please refer to the Share and Reuse Workflows section of the following documentation for more details on sharing: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2appit/userguide/1.5_update4/default.htm#Build/Workflows/Save_Your_Workflow.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CWorkflow%7C_____5