This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
When you have installed K2 App for Sharepoint for the first time and try to run the registration wizard to complete the full installation, this fails with a 401 after prompting the user for credentials to be provided.
This can consist of the following error:
To get around this error please do the following:
- Remove the app from the Sharepoint site via site contents.
- Run a repair on the K2 server of K2 for Sharepoint.
- After this run the app deployment exe and you may notice that there may be warnings flagging up on the user profile connection sync whereby the user has to assign himself to user profile connection task via Central Admin >>> Manage Applications>>> User Profile Service >>> Synchronization >>> Configure Synchronization Connections.
- Make sure that the user account is added here and also the password here is correct.
- Continue on to complete the installation, once this has completed run registration wizard under for K2 App for Sharepoint and you should see that this finishes successfully without any errors.