This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
When deploying a package created on 4.6.11 to a 4.7 environment, the workflow fails to deploy and the following error appears:
System.IO.IOException: I/O error occurred.
at SourceCode.ComponentModel.PackageManagerService.ServicePackage.GetStream(Uri itemUri, FileMode mode)
at SourceCode.Runtime.Services.Workflow.WorkflowDeploymentService.Deploy(IDeploymentContext context)
The error occurs when your workflow name contains special characters like "â" and "€". This is a known issue on 4.6.11 and 4.7.
Here is an example of a workflow with special characters that is downloaded from Workspace:
To resolve the issue, kindly log a K2 Support Ticket and request the following coldfixes:
1. 4.7 May Cumulative Update Fix Pack 11
K2 4.7 May 2017 Cumulative Update must be installed first before
installing Fix Pack 11. It is available for download from the K2 Partner and Customer Portal
2. 4.6.11 [Can't deploy objects with special characters]
Please quote the internal reference ID #753223 for this fix.
Once you have received both coldfixes, kindly follow these steps to apply them:
1. On 4.6.11 (source environment), apply the 4.6.11 coldfix.
2. Re-create your P&D package with the affected workflow (with special characters).
You will need to re-create the package otherwise the same error will appear when deploying the old package.
3. On 4.7 (target environment), apply the 4.7 May Cumulative Update and Fix Pack 11.
4. Deploy the newly created package from Step 2 on your 4.7 environment.