This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
An error appears:
"An error has occurred.
Please contact your administrator.
Error: Initialization failed before PreInit: Unable to establish a secure connection with the Active Directory server."
As the error message states, it is likely K2 lost connection to the Active Directory server during a period of time.
Possible causes may include:
- The ADConnectionString in the K2 Workspace web.config may have an incorrect LDAP path.
- The physical connection to the Active Directory Server might be down.
Please review the log files for more information.
1. Verify that Active Directory is online.
2. Check and verify the LDAP Path is correct. (This is located in K2 Workspace > Management Console > [K2 server] > User Managers > K2 > Domains).
3. Restart the K2 server.
4. This should resolve the error.