This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
From the "SmartObjects" link on the K2 for SharePoint App in site contents, you can modify the scope of a SmartObject. From here, you attempt to change the scope from i.e. "List/Library" to "Site and all of its Subsites" and click the "Ok" button. Now, when you head back into the same page, the scope which you just attempted to change will still be set to "List/Library."
The following symptoms may appear:
- Not all SmartObjects on a given site or environment will show this behavior.
- You have generated SmartObjects for a list and seen that the scope is automatically set to "None" even though you specified "List/Library" or "Site and all of its Subsites" when generating the SmartObjects on a list/library.
- Lists with more than one content type will exhibit this behavior, and the specific content type does not appear to impact the behavior.
- No errors appear within the K2 Host Server logs or SmartObject logs that indicate any failures when saving the SmartObject scope via that page in the K2 App on SharePoint.
- You alternatively could have deployed a package from one environment to another. In this scenario the scope on our source environment could have been "Site and all of its Subsites" but on the target, it is now set to "List/Library" on the target environment. Attempting to change this scope is then seen as not possible via the SmartObjects page.
This is a known issue within K2 Blackpearl 4.7 and has also been seen within K2 Five when selecting the 'Allow this SmartObject to be used in the Legacy Workflow Designer' option on creating SmartObjects for a list. This bug is currently under investigation and will be resolved in a later version of the product.
At this time with the current information, the issue does not break the use of an application with this behavior. If this does impact the use of the product or breaks an application, please reach out to K2 Support by logging a ticket, and reference this KB article within the ticket details.