This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
Blank value cannot be set in child SmartObject update method: "Update" method of child table SmartObject which includes multiple records in one update. If each record is set a blank value of optional columns, the values are not set to blank from the second record onwards. The first record is working fine and can be set a blank value.
- Load the record for the first time:
2. Edit record to set all the records blank for the Text column. Then click the Save button to execute update method SmartObject:
3. The result is that the List view was set to blank for the first record only.
Complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Download and install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update from the K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
2. Log a K2 Support Ticket to get the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update Fix Pack 5.
3. Install the K2 4.7 August 2017 Cumulative Update Fix Pack 5 to apply the fix.