This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
Find out whether a "Server Service Instance" is used in a K2 environment and which SmartObjects have been created from it.
Before You Begin
Following the steps below will allow you to see all the names of the SmartObjects connected to a single specified service instance. Using the names you can identify under which category the SmartObjects are located via K2 Designer.
Complete the following steps:
- Open your SmartObject Tester Tool.
- On the right-hand side of the SmartObject Tester Tool is a little drop-down arrow (see screenshot below). Click on the drop-down and select the "Search SmartObjects" option.
- A pop-up box will be displayed. From the pop-up box select the tab called "ServiceInstance".
- In the ServiceInstance Name section, select the desired service instance. All the SmartObjects that have been created from this service instance will then be listed under the "SmartObjects" results (See screenshot below).
- Using the Names of the listed SmartObjects, you can do a search in K2 designer to find under which category the SmartObjects are located.