This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
You might come across the following error when trying to deploy a workflow; "Failed to compile - with no errors. Contact system administrator."
- Providing the Admin rights (workflow and process rights) for the user in K2 Management/WorkSpace doesn't resolve the issue
- This particular issue could occur due to a network issue or server resource issue.
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure both the forms and views are checked in before deploying a workflow
- Clear the browser(s) cache
- Perform an IIS reset or restart the IIS using cmd
- Restart Windows Timer Service
- Stop the K2 server and restart it again in 'Services'
While restarting the K2 server the process might be stuck on the status 'Starting'.
1. If this happens in your case, please go to Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar or pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL.
2. Find and select "k2hostserver.exe" in 'Processes' tab under 'Background Process' and select 'End Task'.
3. Then go to 'Services' and restart the K2 server.
4. Try to run the 'K2 Server (Service Account)' in Console Mode to see if it works correctly. Find the 'K2 Server (Service Account)' in Start menu, right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.