After upgrading to K2 4.7, the following error appears when opening a Smartform:
- No errors surfaced on Design time
- As per this KBT article, the following setting in the K2 Smartforms Runtime web.config file ([Drive]:\[Program Files]\K2 blackpearl\K2 smartforms Runtime) is already set to False:
<add name="EnableTracing" value="false" />
To resolve the issue, please complete the following steps to enable Windows Authentication for the runtime site:
1. Make a backup of the web.config file for K2 SmartForms Runtime ([Drive]:\[Program Files]\K2 blackpearl\K2 Smartforms Runtime) before proceeding.
2. Change the authentication mode to use Windows as well as set windows authentication to True. Here are the entries:
<windowsAuthentication enabled="true" .....>
3. Perform an IIS reset.
4. Clear the browser's cache and then test again.
The resolution steps above only applies to environments that are not SharePoint-integrated. If you are using SharePoint, Forms Authentication needs to be enabled.