This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
After upgrading to K2 4.7, the following error appears when opening a Smartform:
- No errors surfaced on Design time
- As per this KBT article, the following setting in the K2 Smartforms Runtime web.config file ([Drive]:\[Program Files]\K2 blackpearl\K2 smartforms Runtime) is already set to False:
<add name="EnableTracing" value="false" />
To resolve the issue, please complete the following steps to enable Windows Authentication for the runtime site:
1. Make a backup of the web.config file for K2 SmartForms Runtime ([Drive]:\[Program Files]\K2 blackpearl\K2 Smartforms Runtime) before proceeding.
2. Change the authentication mode to use Windows as well as set windows authentication to True. Here are the entries:
<windowsAuthentication enabled="true" .....>
3. Perform an IIS reset.
4. Clear the browser's cache and then test again.
The resolution steps above only applies to environments that are not SharePoint-integrated. If you are using SharePoint, Forms Authentication needs to be enabled.