This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided “as is” with no warranties.
When the user first accesses the SmartForms site they are initially redirected to the wrong URL. This could either be an old site binding or an invalid URL.
For explanation purposes, let's assume the following values in regards to our environment's configuration:
K2 Host Header = k2.denallix.com
Designer SmartForms URL = https://k2.denallix.com/Designer
In this example, we are seeing that accessing the K2 Designer site for the first time in a day we will hit the following URL which is incorrect because it is hitting the HTTP URL:
There are two separate scenarios for finding that this URL is wrong:
1. An old URL/Host header previously used is seen in the navigation. This does not cause errors but is hitting an improper site that should not be in use.
2. An old URL/Host Header is seen in the navigation. This configuration is no longer set so we are seeing an error when hitting these sites.
By investigating further you might find the following within your environment:
- You might have a fiddler/network trace that shows the following if you are accidentally navigating to a HTTP URL instead of HTTPS:
- K2 Management > Authentication > Claims pages will show references to the HTTP or wrong host header URL:
- The Default Environment Library might have environment variables with the improper URL or non SSL Environment variables set to default.
- You might have also recently updated your K2 Configuration and changed from HTTP to HTTPS.
To resolve this issue you need to verify that your configuration is correct. The most common cause of this behavior is that the configuration of K2 was not told to use the correct binding. The Setup managers for K2 need to be run in configure mode for Blackpearl and SmartForms. In here you will need to update K2 with the proper bindings, this will then stop the improper navigation.
If any configuration is done outside of K2, such as adding a binding for a site in IIS, it is required to run the Setup Managers with Configure so that K2 knows that this change has been made. K2 does not dynamically check for configuration and adapt to changes on the fly.
Blackpearl Setup Manager:
On this page click the bindings button and select the correct host header binding to be used as the default binding:
SmartForms Setup Manager:
This will have two identical looking pages, one for Designer and one for Runtime. Follow the same steps as you used above for the blackpearl setup manager. Click bindings and choose the correct binding to be set as default which is the HTTPS binding: