The Development environment was upgraded from Visual Studio 2012 to Visual Studio 2015. There are several K2 Workflows supplementing the .NET application. When attempting to open the K2 solution in Visual Studio 2015, it displays an error. How do I continue developing new workflows and maintain existing workflows in Visual Studio 2015?
When you opening K2 Workflow in Visual Studio 2015 after upgrading from Visual Studio 2012, an error appears.
To resolve this issue, remove the K2 Client Component 'K2 for Visual Studio 2012' through the K2 Setup Manager. Below are steps on how to do it.
How to remove K2 Client Components (K2 for Visual Studio 2012)
1. Launch the K2 Setup Manager from the K2 Installer.
2. Select Modify and click next.
3. Uncheck the K2 Client Component ‘K2 for Visual Studio 2012.’
4. Click next until the K2 Setup Manager finishes.
5. Now you should be able to open K2 Workflows using Visual Studio 2015 without an error appearing.
If you are not using K2 for SharePoint, uncheck SharePoint configuration when you reach the end of the K2 Setup Manager.