This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
The objective of this KB is to provide an expression that automatically adds a new line into the Rich Text control.
Before You Begin
There are no critical considerations that needs to be adhered to before applying this expression in your solution.
Please complete the following steps:
1. Add a Rich Text control to a view or a form.
2. On your view or form layout, click on the Rich Text to access its properties.
3. Under General, click on the expression's ellipsis to add an expression.
4. Click on the Add button to configure the expression. On the Context Browser, open the Operations tab and expand the operation Text.
5. Drag an HTML Encode and then add the view's SmartObject properties from the Context tab.
6. Type in the expression <br> to break to a new line.