This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
You receive the following error when creating a service instance from the Management page or from the SmartObject Service Tester:
"SmartObject Server Exception: Service Instance filename not specified Parameter name: FileName"
- Other service types' service instances may be created without encountering a similar error.
- If you have an existing service instance of the same service type, you will get the same error if you try to edit that service instance.
- On your K2 database, run the following script to list all the service types:
- Look for the service type that corresponds to the service instance you want to create.
- Inspect the service type's ServiceTypeXML, and make sure the assembly path and assembly class is correct.
The assembly path should point to an actual dll assembly in your ServiceBroker folder.
For the assembly class, you can check with K2 Support, or compare with an existing working environment to verify if it is correct.
- If the assembly class or path is wrong, update the service type's ServiceTypeXML property with the updated values.
- Once you have updated the values, restart your K2 server service, and try creating a service instance again.