This article was created in response to a support issue logged with K2. The content may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. This article is not considered official documentation for K2 software and is provided "as is" with no warranties.
When clicking the Application Button
on a List in a newly upgraded environment
, you receive a WS-Federation error. This is due to the changes K2 Five has made to the structure of SmartForms. Previously, Workspace and SmartForms sites were separated. In K2 Five, these sites have been consolidated, but you may have some left over configurations
that cause issues. In this case, the K2 Settings list in SharePoint points to the old Workspace URL, instead of the new one.
- You are unable to access K2 for SharePoint Applications.
- You cannot run the Registration Wizard.
To resolve this please complete the following steps:
1. Run the Registration Wizard in the App Catalog to ensure this configuration is correct.
2. Check the K2 Settings page on the App Catalog and make sure these are correct: [APPCATALOGURL]/Sites/K2 Settings.
3. If this is correct, make sure the App has been deployed and activated on the site where the issue occurs.
4. Navigate to this site and check the K2 Settings page here: [SHAREPOINTSITEURL]/sites/K2 Settings.
5. Change the SmartForm_Runtime_URL to be the correct runtime URL.